· Verification of an applicant’s identity by the checking of photo ID i.e. Passports, Driving Licenses, Visas, EU ID cards and Biometric Residence Permit card
· Satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring) check.
· Two references from the applicants most recent employers. These referees must be known to the applicant in a professional capacity and be of a senior grade.
· Face to face interview by a trained person. Applicant strengths, areas of work and training needs are discussed.
· Health checks by Occupational Health Nurse. The applicant must be able to provide proof of immunity or a full vaccination history in regards to Hepatitis B, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox) and Tuberculosis (TB). If no immunity can be proven, then a blood test must be taken. Once the Occupational Health Nurse is satisfied that the applicant has met the required criteria a fitness to work certificate is then issued.
· All previous training certificates i.e. ENB, City and Guilds, NVQ courses are copied and filed
· Ensuring that all Mandatory Training is up to date and the certificates are copied and filed.
· NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) PIN Number is verified with the NMC.
· RN's statement of entry into the NMC register is verified